…you’re supposed to not listen & write on your blog! If you didn’t know that…you’ll get a better grade than me.
Spring break came and went; I miss it terribly. Some things we did are…
- SLEEP IN! One morning I even slept in LONGER THAN NATE. That never happens. I really must have been sleep deprived before (no surprise there).
- Ate good food! Even my Dad told me that It was about time I acutally made some good dinners for Nate. The best thing (which Nate even helped with) were fajitas. SO good. Have I ever mentioned that Mexican food is my favorite? ‘Cause it is.
- Took a mini road trip to Tallulah Gorge up in North Georgia. This place has been on our bucketlist for about a year. It is a big gorge that has a few different waterfalls as it travels down to the river at the bottom. You can get to the river front by going down 550+ stairs. Well, I had run earlier that morning before we drove the 2 hrs to the gorge but still needed a few more miles. They had a loop that was about 3 miles that you could visit all the lookout points of the gorge…a few of which were along the river front….aka, Nate and I ended up running (okay we walked, it was pretty steep) down all the stairs, then RAN back up. Needless to say, it was rough stuff. I felt bad that I made Nate run back up. But hey, we saw all the gorge had to offer faster than all the 3 other elderly couples that were there with us, combined!
- Went to happy hour at Steak and Shake and got milk shakes!
- Got a tan line from running outside…mmmm. I’m so ready for the sunshine
- Sat by the pool.
- Did I mention we slept a lot? 😉
- All in all, it was magnificent 🙂 I was definitely bummed Sunday night when I realized we were about to head back to reality. But hey, only 7.5 weeks till GRADUATION!
Here are a few pictures from the gorge (we didn’t take the camera when we ran, so we don’t have any pictures of the actual gorge. But we did have a picnic by the river after and took some 🙂
(Nate took all the pictures, as always)